Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 05-18-2024, 08:23 PM   #1
wiggida
wiggida began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Slate download

Hi,

The slate download recipe caps out at 3x articles per heading. I have spent a fruitless few hours trying to work out how to adjust the recipe. I think it is pulling down the 'top of the page', and not the complete list at the bottom (under 'Recently in News and Politics', for example)

I think it needs to link somehow to 'b class' but I can't work out how to make that work

Can anyone help? I would be ever so grateful
Thanks
wiggida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 04:39 AM   #2
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...22eee980488ce2
unkn0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2024, 05:25 AM   #3
wiggida

Thank you, this is terrific.
Is it possible to adjust this code so it strips the website, rather than the RSS feeds? Slate has stopped updating their human interest feed. I have emailed them, but no reply. There are still lots of new articles on the website. I tried changing the RSS section of the code, for the earlier version, but it wouldn't compile. At the edge of my skills!
Many thanks
Old 05-25-2024, 02:03 AM   #4
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Although the human interest feed is present there's no such section in that website.

Which articles are you missing? The 'others' feed at the end will try to fetch all the links missing from the above.
Old 05-25-2024, 03:40 AM   #5
wiggida

Thank you for taking the time to help
I find that slate doesn't include all articles on their RSS

The old slate code had a series of *.html pages that it loops through (i have copied an extract below) - is it possible to implement this?

The sections which I am particularly interested in downloading are
https://slate.com/advice
https://slate.com/life
But, I would love all the header sections, in a single download (News & Politics, Culture, Technology, Business, Life, Advice)

Thank you again

for sectitle, url in (
('News & Politics', '/articles/news_and_politics.html'),
('Technology', '/articles/technology.html'),
('Business', '/articles/business.html'),
('Arts', '/articles/arts.html'),
('Life', '/articles/life.html'),
('Health & Science', '/articles/health_and_science.html'),
('Sports', '/articles/sports.html'),
('Double X', '/articles/double_x.html'),
Advert
Old 05-25-2024, 05:56 AM   #6
unkn0wn
Evangelist

Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM   #7
wiggida

Strangely: this didn't work yesterday (errored out saying no feeds), and then today it just downloads a small fraction of the available articles. I have done an inspection on the code & the CSS tags & I can't identify anything obvious which has changed. Do you have any ideas?

Thank you
Old Today, 01:09 AM   #8
unkn0wn
Evangelist

I actually thought of this yesterday.. i shouldn't have included the month.