Is this reasonable?
How can i later filter by more then one tag for example:
Books & photography & black and white?

Thank you!
eyalreshef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 12:03 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Moved. not a conversion issue

Why the tag <actual Magazine name>?
IMHO that is more like a Series name
Popular Photography [2020.10] <made up issue, haven't subscribed in decades

Note the index is the year and the issue is converted to a fraction. For multi-month issues, I use the first month as this only allows numeric values
This sorts properly

The Tag browser works like many other computer selections:
Select the first, hold the control key, select others.
OR
If a (inclusive) group: Select first, Hold the shift. Select the last

(FWIW this selection method has grey whiskers. Been around at least since Windows 2, IIRC SUN had this on Sun 3 Workstations, so it may be even older)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 12:40 PM   #3
eyalreshef
eyalreshef began at the beginning.

Device: none
Not sure i understand ...

If for example i want to search later to find magazines or books dealing with black & white, how should i define the tags to assist with it ?
Old 05-18-2024, 12:51 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You could add a tag such as B&W, ultra-wideangle, catadioptric, etc. You can search on those tags using the search button at the bottom of the tag browser. The tools icon beside the search box will let you search for Any or All (all selected tags must match).

Though it might be easier to use calibre's full text indexing feature and then you can search for any words in the text.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 02:06 PM   #5
eyalreshef
eyalreshef began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank now its clear

How can i search for several tags with And condition between ?
Old 05-18-2024, 04:00 PM   #6
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyalreshef View Post
How can i search for several tags with And condition between ?
Select the first tag.
Press Ctrl and select the second tag.

To ensure you are using "and" instead of "or" select the Settings icon at the bottom of the tag browser (a crossed screwdriver and spanner), then select...

Search type when selecting multiple items ► Match all of the items
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote